Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 1

Today is my first blog.  I've never really written a journal or anything, but I hope this will help me get my thoughts out there and maybe help me deal with life.  And hopefully find ways to make it better.

My (Short) Background


I was diagnosed with depression about 1 1/2 years ago.  At first I thought it was something that would get better soon with the right pill and time.  But as I am learning, it is going to take much longer (and maybe the rest of my life) to "learn to deal with it".  I have just started seeing a therapist and she is going to help me find ways to cope and get through life.

I have to make things better for me and my family.  It's about getting through one day at a time and trying to deal with whatever today throws at me.  And not focus on what yesterday was like or what tomorrow might be.  And trust me, there are a lot of yesterdays I still dwell on.  If I am honest with myself, I have been suffering from some sort of depression, in one form or another, since I was about 12 or so.  And later I will talk about my divorce, probably the lowest point in my life.  But I got through and am trying to make my life better today, so tomorrow can bring what it wants and I will know how to get through that when it gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment